The stats on AO3 fascinate me. And irritate me. I have a tendency to get annoyed when a fic of mine that I don’t particularly like has more hits than I think it should.
1. Always post the rules
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you gave you and write 11 new questions
3. Tag 11 people and link them to the post
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them
Tagged by thegirl20.
1. What was the first fandom you participated in?
Desperate Housewives was my first online fandom (although I was a member of the X-Files Fanclub of Australia back in the day if that counts – I didn’t actually interact with anyone but I read the newsletter).
2. Who’s your favourite Disney villain?
Ursula – she sings my favourite Disney song of all time.
3. If you could visit any point in history for a week, which one would you choose?
I don’t really have desire to do that. Most points in the past lacked hygiene and more importantly lacked technology. Also I’m not great with hair and makeup or sewing – there aren’t a lot of eras I would have flourished in.
Mainly I want to go back to small snippets of the past and correct things – like not losing my half of the Deadlines and Diets headbands at a tube station.
4. Think of your favourite fandom, pick your favourite character and describe them without using their name. See if people can guess who it is.
I suspect this is in a way redundant because it would cover most of my favourites but -
Damaged, broken, slightly evil, smart, sassy, misunderstood, underappreciated, strong, feisty, driven, isolated and a little unbalanced.
My only favourites this wouldn’t describe is when I swing from the bad one to the other extreme and the love the moral, uptight, rule follower
5. If you were to write me a fic, what would happen in it?
I’m surprised you need to ask. There would be a lot of angst and a refusal to remove tops in engine rooms.
6. Who’s your favourite tumblrer? Why should I follow them?
Well that’s you – because you’re you. We share history. MAS MAS MAS!!!!!! I suspect the tumblrers that I follow that who would be interested in come from you anyway (that is how gentle country dramas appear on my dash but booklover81 is forgiven for that because she also makes Aeryn Sun appear)
7. If you got to go to the Oscars, who would you take as your date? (I’ll accept fantasy/famous dates. Hey, you’re at the Oscars!)
Lana Parrilla – your aware of my obsession with her, are you not? Her shrine is very large. She would be my fantasy date to anything and everything.
8. Do you enjoy baking?
Very much so but I do not enjoy the cleaning up that goes along with it.
9. Tell me about a song that you associate strongly with a fictional character.
I still think of Bree when I hear Mouth Shut
10. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
Xanadu for a girl, Ares for a boy.
11. You have the power to change one event in one tv show. What would you pick and how would you change it?
I thought about this a lot. I pondered over deaths at first but for the most part those deaths lead to something – even if it was just my trauma over the death – they were significant in the arc of the show or they changed the characters who were left behind. I may not have liked the deaths but to remove them would be to change the show beyond recognition (unless we are talking cliffhanger endings to shows that did not get renewed).
My answer is the sex scene between Buffy and Spike up on the catwalk like thing in the Bronze. I know I wasn’t never a fan of their relationship but to remove it completely would be to change the show, that particular moment however was the one that I really did not need to see and the one I will be forever damaged by.
And here’s the bit where I renege on the deal……..
I’m not sure that I have eleven followers who would respond if I tagged them – I like on talking themes (however minor) with like five of you max. Also I’m so bad at actually completing these things when I am tagged that I couldn’t in good conscious ask someone else to do one.
If you follow me and are willing to answers thegirls20’s questions (and she hasn’t already tagged you) I’d be interested in reading your responses – that’s as good as it’s going to get.
I’m glad you’re happy
That awkward moment when your son wants you to be with his dad, but you’re really in love with his mom
Veronica had done it before and knew just what to say… or how little to say.
this show isnt good for my health
And you came back for me. She didn’t.